Sunday, June 14, 2009

Trusting

As many of you know, we made a short trip back to the States for a surgery that Val's mom needed to have. Everything went well and there was no sign of cancer (Praise God!). Upon our return to the Philippines, I was reminded of the verse that I consider one of my life verses.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

There have been so many hurdles that could have delayed our initial departure or caused us to return from the mission field in the first year. It has been awesome to see God clear the way and make our paths straight.

Things have just begun here and I know there is much more "Trusting" that we need to do. But I can look back and see God's hand guiding us along the way and be encouraged. I hope you can do the same.

No comments: